Hello, I hope you are having a great day. Today, I want to talk about what we all should do daily as dancers. These things will help you to become the dancer you aspire to be in no time.
- Stretch Everyday! I personally stretch for an hour everyday. I have seen awesome results in the matter of months. I suggest that you sit in your right and left leg splits for 5 minutes each. Then go onto stretch your back. I always overstretch my right and left leg splits. Then I put weights on my legs,(you can do it without any weights) and do wall splits. Afterwards, I sit in the middle splits for 15 minutes. It will hurt at the beginning. When I was just starting out I would add a minute everyday until I got to my desired time. Also, do not forget to stretch those feet!
- Do ab and leg workouts. I do a 30 minute ab workout and a 30 minute leg workout everyday. I have seen major improvement with this. I do recommend to take off some days if your legs or abs are super sore. But if you are just doing light exercises then it is alright to keep doing it daily.
- Turn! Turn! Turn! I used to not practice turns at all. I would only do them in the studio once a week. But when I would get on stage at competition I was not confident whatsoever with my turns. So I suggest to turn several times a week to get comfortable in doing turns and improving them or learning new combos.
- Practice your routines. This will help you to perfect them and at the same time become more confident on stage.
- Improv. Improv is great for getting lost in dance. I love to improv a couple times a week. It is a lot of fun and it will help you to become more confident in your dancing.
- Leaps and Jumping exercises. A lot of people overlook this like I used to. But by doing jumping exercises your leaps will improve drastically. Even if you just do calf raises or plié jumps. If you type in jumping exercises for dancers on google it will come up with tons of results.
I hope you got something from these tips! Have a great day:)